5 Errors to avoid in business card printing in Edenvale
November 9, 2014 · Print This Article
Before you jump head first into the printing of business cards for your company, it is important to take into consideration what a business card actually represents. Many people make the mistake of thinking that a business card is simply a piece of paper, but in truth, a business card is the face of your company that you leave behind.
You may think that as long as your business card possesses the necessary contact information it will do the trick. Unfortunately, there are a number of classic errors we are all prone to making and it is the small things that could be the deciding factor between a client using your company or one of your competitors.
5 Typical business card errors
- Small font. If a potential client has to squint to see your contact information, odds are, they won’t even bother. Before you print your business cards, get a variety of opinions on the font size.
- Paper. Decide ahead of time what kind of finish your business cards require. If you need to give clients information on the spot, it may be best to avoid glossy finishes that cannot be written on.
- Colour clashes. Make sure the colour of your text is easy to read when placed on the colour of your background. If the text is too light or too dark you will sacrifice clarity.
- Inconsistency. We are living in a technological age, so it stands to reason that once a client has your business card, they will most likely go to your website to gain more information. This is where it is important that every design aspect of your business is consistent with the other, from your business card to your catalogues and web design. Consistency is professional as well as visually appealing.
- Information overload. Do not try and cram tons of information onto one tiny piece of card. Decide what is important and create a sense of interest that will encourage your client to seek further information.
At Minuteman Press Edenvale, we offer a range of services guaranteed to help prevent you from making any of these classic mistakes. Our designers are always on hand to offer expert advice on the quality of your finished product, enabling you to make an educated decision before you decide to print.
For top quality design and print services that will benefit your business image, contact Minuteman today.