A quick guide to designing and printing posters
March 9, 2013 · Print This Article
Many ad agencies and professional marketers use poster printing to create awareness, hype and interest in products, services, events and people. While some companies prefer massive billboards, radio commercials and TV advertising, this isn’t always a financially viable option for smaller companies. Online advertising, similarly, doesn’t always reach their intended target audience.
Advantages of printing posters include the marketing penetration they are able to achieve, as well as the number of people they are able to reach. This type of marketing collateral is very useful as it can contain a large amount of necessary information that can be seen by passers-by and pedestrians.
Design, print and production aspects to consider
- During the design phase, always double check that you are designing in the correct format and size so that your creation will fit perfectly onto the given paper. Remember to ask the printers if they need the design file in CMYK or RGB colours, as this can affect the outcome of the print job. If this is not correct, it can influence poster printing and cause unnecessary expenses.
- Poster design must also consist of pre-testing and a few draft attempts. A few test runs will help you eliminate any typos, poor design work and let you make the necessary changes before you order a large print job.
- All images used in the poster design should be of a high quality. Don’t download free images on Google as you may be infringing on copyright laws. Hire a professional photographer if you need high quality product shots.
Need help with your poster design and printing? Contact Minuteman Press Germiston today!
- How custom printed booklets can help your marketing
- Business Cards in Germiston
- Cost effective printing in Germiston
- Why it is Important to have you Conference Materials Printed Professionally
- How to make the most of your business cards in Germiston
- How an X Frame banner can aid your display advertising
- Print invitations in Germiston
- Why business cards are still an important asset for any executive
- Learn about large format printing services in Germiston
- Turn Your Digital Printing into a Marketing Tool Today