All-size poster printing made easy
September 29, 2016 · Print This Article
Using posters is a cost-effective way of grabbing the attention of passers-by. Once you have got their attention, the purpose of the poster is to advertise, inform or affirm a message to the viewer.
Creating a poster is more than just words and images on a big page. Before you print posters, here are a few tips for making your posters effective:
- The Message – It’s not just about aesthetics, so your message should drive your visual choices. It is good to understand your message AND the concepts, words, colours and imagery your message is associated with. For example, Coca Cola would normally print posters that include the colour red as it is associated with the brand.
- The Audience – As you are designing your poster, it is important to think about who will be viewing the poster – more importantly, whose attention you want to capture and what would create desire or a call to action for that person.
- The Emphasis –Try to draw attention to the most important aspect of your poster by making it stand out. You can achieve this through clustering images, changing your image scale, using colour, using bolder or bigger fonts. Consult a graphic designer to assist you if need be.
- The Spacing – Don’t be afraid to use exaggerated spaces between elements of your poster. The extra spacing creates visual impact and is easier to read from a distance.
- The Balance – Try not to overload your audience with too many words, as you may lose their attention. Everything in the poster should portray the message and sometimes an image is better used to convey a concept or feeling.
Posters – fun and effective
Minuteman Press Tygervalley, Bellville can do any printing your business requires, including poster printing. As a leading printing company in Bellville with large format printing capabilities, your perfect poster can be easily printed at any size.
Contact us today for more information on your poster printing needs.
- Important Information to Display on your Company Letterhead
- The Future of Self-Inking Stamps
- 5 creative ideas for large format printing
- How to choose images for your posters, brochures or catalogues
- 4 alternative – and effective – uses for brochures
- The importance of consulting a graphic designer
- Use Presentation Folders as Part of Your Winning Negotiation Strategy
- Making manuals the affordable way
- Digital or offset printing – How they measure up
- Marketing with Postcards