How to work with correx boards and corrugated plastic
February 23, 2014 · Print This Article
Corrugated plastic products, such as correx boards, are used in a variety of applications including boat building, packaging, signage, outdoor advertising, the production of pet cages and so on. But how do you use this material? Read on to find out more.
Ways to work with correx boards and corrugated plastic
The following are the ways in which you can work with this material:
1) Cutting: As corrugated plastic an easy material to cut, a simple utility knife can do the job for you, however, sign makers and hardware stores do sell commercial cutters too. It is recommended to cut along the product’s flutes.
2) Drilling: A regular drill will work well on correx boards but it is recommended that you use a hollow core paper drill for a tidier result. For the thinner boards, uni-drills also do a perfect job! Some boards are so thin that a regular hole punch will give you the desired result.
3) Taping: Polypropylene, the major ingredient of a correx board, is highly resistant to adhesives and glues. However, manufacturers treat the material with a number of special additives or use heat to change its surface, thereby modifying it to accept glue and tapes.
4) Gluing: For the same reason as above, correx boards do not naturally accept glues and paints. Specialized hot melts and polyurethane construction adhesives have been recommended for use in this case.
5) Screws and bolts: Nuts and bolts can be used on correx boards as long as they are accompanied by washers for load distribution.
6) Welding: As a correx board is a thermoplastic, it can easily be heat-welded by hot or ultra-sonic air.
So, if you are looking at undertaking DIY projects that use correx boards and corrugated plastic, do keep these tips in mind for the perfect results. Contact Minuteman Press in Randburg today for more information!
- Personalised envelopes for home and business
- 5 creative ideas for large format printing
- Design a catalogue that sells your products
- Design services for your business
- Importance of using custom presentation folders at business meetings
- Add elegance to your wedding invitation with textured paper
- Create high impact invitations for your upcoming party
- Colour Copies in Randburg
- How to create successful newsletters – tips from the experts
- Become more efficient with Self-Inking Stamps in Randburg