Creating an effective manual
June 19, 2016 · Print This Article
What is the primary objective of producing a manual? It is to ensure that you communicate the necessary information to your audience. Whether this is technical instruction or information on corporate policies, a manual needs to be planned carefully in order to be a success. As part of Minuteman Press South Africa, with over forty locations countrywide, Minuteman Press in Pietermaritzburg specialises in designing and printing personal and business communication items, where one such area of expertise is our experience in crafting manuals. From black and white copies to full-colour inserts and transparencies to custom designed index tabs and binders, we are here to meet all your manual needs.
What to remember when printing a manual
- When designing and printing a manual, bear in mind what your objective is. This objective needs to be communicated to your audience upfront and also implies that a manual ought not to become overly complex or lengthy. Simply meet your objective without cluttering a manual with unnecessary material.
- The audience reading your manual does not possess the knowledge which you do on the subject matter. Be sure to write for the layperson rather than the expert.
- Ensure that your manual is easy to follow, where lists and step by step procedures augment the flow of information.
- Include visual aids in your manual, as this assists with understanding and adds to the appeal of the information being conveyed.
If you are looking for the perfect partner to design and print your business manual, look no further than Minuteman Press in Pietermaritzburg, where we promise to exceed your expectations. Our vast range of products and services, including corporate identity package items, such as envelopes and letterheads, and other promotional items, such as newsletters, postcards, flyers and posters is bound to meet your every communication need. Get in touch with Minuteman Press in Pietermaritzburg today for more information on our services.
- How to write a company newsletter
- Uses of letterheads:
- Top tips for letterheads
- Making manuals the affordable way
- This is why your company needs presentation folders
- The use of envelopes in your business
- Stationery Branding: Why You Should Invest In It
- Creating an effective manual
- Pietermaritzburg printers advise on how to create an effective manual
- Design services to boost your Pietermaritzburg business’ professional image