Design a catalogue that sells your products
September 21, 2016 · Print This Article
Want to design an effective catalogue? When investing in catalogue printing for your business, it’s important to take note of a few design hints and tips to ensure your catalogue is an effective one. Printing catalogues is still a fantastic way to show off your product offerings but a badly designed catalogue can spell disaster for your company. Not everyone is a graphic designer, but your potential customer will know when what they’re looking at just isn’t working aesthetically. Read on to find out more.
- Make your design matche your audience
Whatever you are selling, make sure your catalogue design is something that will appeal to your potential buyer. For example, if you are a company that sells ride-on wheelchairs, you may want to ensure your text is large and very clear, since many elderly people use these wheelchairs and would have poor eyesight. Another example is a catalogue for toys. Your target audience may be children, but their parents are doing the buying. So you need to aim your catalogue at them. Include information parents like to know, such as the price of the toy, what size batteries it will require and what age-group it is for.
- Design your catalogue around what product you’re selling
If you are selling products like clothes, your customer will want to see what the item looks like from a number of angles. This means more images per product, and that means a larger catalogue. The last thing you want to do is squash in tiny text alongside images that are too small to see clearly. Products that require long descriptions such as industrial equipment (which usually need to be accompanied by a lot of technical specifications) also require large formats.
- Always use good images
Bad quality photos or images that do not show the product clearly simply look shoddy and unprofessional. It’s as simple as that. Make sure you shoot your products under a lot of light on a white background. The best thing to do is hire a professional to come and get the photos done once and for all. The investment will pay off in the long run.
Always ensure your printing is high quality and professional. If you’re in the Randburg area, get in touch with us at Minuteman Press in Randburg. As one of the leading printing companies in Sandton, we have a wide range of services available, from printing brochures and catalogues, to designing flyers and much more. Contact us today to find out more.
- How custom printed booklets can help your marketing
- Let the book speak, customers can judge your business by your booklets
- Order your personalised business postcards today!
- Printing Jargon – 5 printing terms explained
- Personalised envelopes for home and business
- 5 creative ideas for large format printing
- Design a catalogue that sells your products
- Design services for your business
- Importance of using custom presentation folders at business meetings
- Add elegance to your wedding invitation with textured paper