Design a fantastic poster with these tips from Minuteman Press in Rivonia
April 24, 2013 · Print This Article
As you know, quite a bit of creativity and effort by printers goes into designing a great poster. Minuteman Press in Rivonia has helped everyone from blue chip companies to small business owners and entrepreneurs create attention-grabbing, visually appealing posters. Business owners often want to take control and design their posters themselves, and instead of hiring a graphic designer, you can easily create your own posters thanks to all the inexpensive, easy-to-use online design tools available today.
Why design your own posters?
During the poster design process, ideas and substance could be lost as the person creating it for you might not fully grasp what you are trying to convey. You may have a very specific idea of what you want your poster to look like, only to be disappointed with the final result when you outsource the job. If you’re the type of person that likes to take matters into your own hands, than DIY poster design is for you.
Tips for poster design
The following poster design tips should always be considered during the creation process:
- Always keep the purpose of the poster in mind. Are you selling products, marketing an event or creating awareness for your brand? The goal of the poster will influence the design you choose.
- Once the goals have been established, you should consider the size of your poster. If you’re creating a large poster, you need to partner with a printing company that offers large format printing.
- All images you choose to use in your poster design should be of a high quality. Be careful of downloading free images on Google, as you may be infringing on copyright laws. Hire a professional photographer if you need high quality product shots.
- Keep in mind the type of paper you will be using as this has implications on certain finishes and the overall impression you will make to the intended audience.
Minuteman Press in Rivonia has years of experience in creating eye catching, attention grabbing posters. They will be able to assist you throughout the entire design and printing process.
For more information about how to design your poster for printers in Rivonia, contact us today.
- Key elements of a catalogue:
- Our stationery services:
- 4 steps to successful wedding invitations
- Five handy uses for printed booklets
- Save on printing and copying
- Colour printing dos and don’ts for you and your business
- The Future of Self-Inking Stamps
- Why well-designed stationery still matters for your business
- How to choose the right company to handle your business copying
- Advantages of using booklets for business marketing in Rivonia