Designing effective posters
November 30, 2012 · Print This Article
If you’re running a business in the Pietermaritzburg area, you should consider Minuteman Press next time you need to print posters.
Thousands of companies still use advertising posters each year as part of their marketing strategy. The popularity of this marketing tool is thanks to the relatively low-cost as well as the number of people you are able to reach when printing and distributing posters.
Planning the distribution routes and channels of your posters is not enough to secure the campaign’s success. Instead you also need to pay special attention to the design of the posters and pamphlets. Where possible it should always be left to professional and experienced graphic designers to take care of the actual design work of your advertising mediums.
Following are a few factors to keep in mind when designing your advertising posters:
- Choose your audience: Consumers studies and other methods for discovering your target audience should be used to identify and target the right audience for your service or product. Do not try to be too general about who you target as this could cause your entire campaign to fall flat.
- Choose your copy carefully: Depending on your audience, you should decide early on whether you will use marketing or technical copy on the poster. If you are targeting individuals skilled in a specific and technical field then technical copy might be more effective than marketing copy, where the opposite will be true for less technical consumers.
- Keep things clean: While there is always too much information and too little space on posters, you need to be exceedingly finicky about the info included on your poster as you can never clutter the poster. This will make it much harder to quickly and effectively carry your main message over to the audience
Need poster printing in Pietermaritzburg? Partner with Minuteman Press!
- Uses of letterheads:
- Top tips for letterheads
- Making manuals the affordable way
- This is why your company needs presentation folders
- The use of envelopes in your business
- Stationery Branding: Why You Should Invest In It
- Creating an effective manual
- Pietermaritzburg printers advise on how to create an effective manual
- Design services to boost your Pietermaritzburg business’ professional image
- Looking for business cards in Pietermaritzburg?