Dos and don’ts for Colour printing for your business
September 27, 2016 · Print This Article
If you are printing colour copies for your business you are able to reach more clients using expert, first-class materials. The list of print media that comes to life with colour is practically infinite. From brochures to letterheads, posters to personalised stationery, colour copies add that extra special touch to an otherwise boring page. Using colour makes print media more eye-catching or attractive, and provides clients and employees with a dynamic display, enabling a lasting imprint and successful communication of your business goals.
When enlisting in professional printing services, here are some dos and don’ts to keep in mind:
- Do print a trail or sample before producing mass designs. Make sure your final design is perfect beforehand.
- Do use colour on important messages so that they stand out. Reader comprehension increases when the information stands out.
- Do ask about output resolution and print quality if you are on a budget. Higher quality prints may be slightly more expensive.
- Do decide if you are in need double-sided copies or single-sided colour copies, this may affect the paper you are printing on.
- Do check where the fold will be. Ideally, you do not want your message to be obscured by a fold in the paper.
- Don’t set your work all of the way to the edge of the paper. Print margins can be different to your design margins.
- Don’t use extremely bright colours and high hues, as they may irritate the eye, making it difficult for people to read the information.
- Don’t do it on your own. Make use of experienced graphic design services to give you that professional touch.
Minuteman Press is able to offer full colour printing at a low cost. All you need is your original templates. For professional printing services and quality advice in Randburg, contact us today at Minuteman Press Strydon Park, Randburg for all your full colour printing needs.
Strijdom Park News
- Important Information to Display on your Company Letterhead
- The Future of Self-Inking Stamps
- 5 creative ideas for large format printing
- How to choose images for your posters, brochures or catalogues
- 4 alternative – and effective – uses for brochures
- The importance of consulting a graphic designer
- Use Presentation Folders as Part of Your Winning Negotiation Strategy
- Making manuals the affordable way
- Digital or offset printing – How they measure up
- Marketing with Postcards