Enjoy using your Correx boards and corrugated plastic
March 15, 2014 · Print This Article
Correx board is a waterproof, durable and flexible material that is environmentally friendly and is used all over the world. There are a number of uses for this fascinating material – read on to find out what they are.
Working with Correx boards
- As corrugated plastic can be cut easily with a utility knife, it is often shaped into popular building materials. Its resistance to high impact contact and strong winds also makes it suitable for the production of remote-controlled aircrafts and travel cages for pets.
- As Correx boards are water-resistant and can hold their own against strong winds, they are very popular as signboards and outdoor advertising banners. These can be placed outdoors for exhibitions and real estate sales advertising/pointer boards.
- As this material is fully reusable and recyclable, it is used in the production of environmentally friendly plastic containers. Most often, it is used as packaging for electronic items and produce.
- Corrugated plastic is resistant to chemicals. However, once treated electrostatically, a number of adhesives and special inks can be used on it to customise it for your needs.
- The main ingredient of a correx board is polypropylene, which is in a liquid state during the manufacturing process. This process can be treated with a number of additives, giving the finished product additional properties that may include specific colours as well as resistance to fire and corrosion.
Contact Minuteman Press in Lynnwood if you would like to learn more about the use of correx boards and corrugated plastic.