Helpful tips for your poster design and print job
March 16, 2013 · Print This Article
The days when you needed a professional graphic designer for every item that needs to be printed are over. Poster design and printing is something you can do yourself thanks to all the user-friendly graphic design software available on the market. If you’re considering designing your own posters, it’s important to be aware of some of the basics.
Here are a few helpful tips that will help you with your design process:
- Colours: Always consider the colours you use very carefully. Each colour should serve a purpose. Too many bright colours can make the poster difficult to read and viewers might lose interest and move on before they even know what it is that the poster is advertising.
- Printing: Always do thorough research before you decide which printing company you are going to partner with. Choose a company that has a good reputation for producing high quality prints. Remember that a good design is wasted if the printing looks cheap and is poor in quality.
- Using the space: When designing the layout of the poster you should always try to use all the space available to you. Don’t cram graphics and text into the layout – remember that the poster needs to be easy to read from afar.
- Word count: A poster is a visual representation of an idea and pictures can be more powerful than words, so minimise the amount of copy you include in your poster design. Always try to keep your text content concise and to-the-point so that people who only have time to glance at the poster will be able to get the general idea of what you have to offer.
- Text size considerations: The text that is used for your heading should be readable six metres away from the poster, and the text that forms the body of the poster should be readable from at least two metres away from the poster.
- Affordable Finishing and Laminating Services in Marlboro
- Durable and Cost-Effective NCR book printing from Minuteman Press
- Label printing from Minuteman Press will help keep you organised
- Organise your workspace with label and sticker printing from Minuteman Press
- Affordable and professional certificate printing in Marlboro, the way you want it
- Is someone graduating? Get a custom banner printed!
- Learn about digital and litho printing with Minuteman Press Marlboro
- Save time, money and effort by outsourcing your printing and design to Minuteman Press in Marlboro
- Print your marketing collateral, brochures and reports in full colour
- Bulk black and white printing services in Marlboro