How to design and print a booklet for Centurion business
February 5, 2016 · Print This Article
The process of booklet design and printing can be challenging for non-professionals. It encompasses nearly every aspect of graphic design and if you want to ensure that your company’s booklets reflect professionalism, you will need to hire an experienced designer and printer to assist you. Your booklet must feature a good layout, typography and illustrations to create an effective booklet presentation. The first step is to create a rough sketch of what you want the booklet to look like. This is what you will use to work off, or what you will hand over to your chosen designer to work off.
The tips below will guide you in designing an effective booklet:
- Typography – use no more than 2 or 3 typefaces throughout the booklet to keep the look neat and uniform. Choose clean and readable fonts and try to avoid decorative fonts as much as possible as they can create a busy and distracting appearance.
- Illustration – of course there are not set rules regarding booklet illustration. You need to ensure that your illustrations are in line with the content of the booklet and that they are your own images or you have retrieved them from a free images source. Be carefully of printing images that you aren’t authorised to.
- Consider breaking your text up into 2 or 3 columns on the page to make reading easier and to fit in a bit more content. You can also use images and graphics that cross over pages if you want to add a little interest.
- Customise the covers of the booklet to make them look professional, yet interesting.
- If you don’t have writing skills of your own, consider hiring a copywriter to handle the content of the booklet before you insert it.
Minuteman Press in Centurion offers professional booklet design and printing services
At Minuteman Press in Centurion we offer booklet printing services to our clients. We also offer professional design services and will be more than willing to provide you with advice and guidance regarding the design and layout of you booklet.
Our other services include the design and printing of various other branded stationery items including business cards, letterheads, brochures, banners and flags, posters and a great deal more.