How to produce a successful manual
August 11, 2016 · Print This Article
When it comes to producing a manual, the primary objective is to ensure that you communicate the necessary information to your audience. Whether this is technical instruction or information on corporate policies, a manual needs to be planned carefully in order to be a success. As part of Minuteman Press South Africa, with over forty locations countrywide, Minuteman Press Kempton Park specialises in designing and printing personal and business communication items, where one such area of expertise is our experience in crafting manuals. From black and white copies to full-colour inserts and transparencies to custom designed index tabs and binders, we are here to meet all your manual needs.
Considerations when crafting a manual
- When creating a manual, bear in mind what your objective is. This objective needs to be communicated to your audience upfront and also implies that a manual ought not to become overly complex or lengthy. Simply meet your objective without cluttering a manual with unnecessary material.
- The audience reading your manual does not possess the knowledge which you do on the subject matter. Be sure to write for the layperson rather than the expert.
- Ensure that your manual is easy to follow, where lists and step by step procedures augment the flow of information.
- Include visual aids in your manual, as this assists with understanding and adds to the appeal of the information being conveyed.
If you are looking for the perfect partner to design and print your business manual, look no further than Minuteman Press Kempton Park, where we promise to exceed your expectations. Our vast range of products and services, including corporate identity package items, such as envelopes and letterheads, and other promotional items, such as newsletters, postcards, flyers and posters is bound to meet your every communication need. For more information on our services, get in touch with Minuteman Press Kempton Park today.
Kempton Park News
- Better Brochures
- Save time and money with self-inking stamps
- Important Information to Display on your Company Letterhead
- The Future of Self-Inking Stamps
- 5 creative ideas for large format printing
- How to choose images for your posters, brochures or catalogues
- 4 alternative – and effective – uses for brochures
- The importance of consulting a graphic designer
- Use Presentation Folders as Part of Your Winning Negotiation Strategy
- Making manuals the affordable way