Printing the inserts and booklets of CD’s
September 30, 2011 · Print This Article
Printing large volumes of CD inserts and booklets can easily be done by using a printing method called litho printing. If you are looking at ways to print CD inserts and booklets, you will know that they need to be relatively cost effective to print and they need to be very professional looking.
Litho printing can help companies to achieve all of these criteria. It is important to note that litho printing only becomes an economical option if you require a large batch of prints – so if you are only printing a once-off CD insert and booklet cover, you might want to opt for digital printing.
Using Litho to print the inserts and booklets of CD’s
If you are printing CD inserts and booklets, you should consider litho printing for the following reasons:
- Creative freedom: Litho prints give companies quite a lot of freedom when it comes to creating a design. Litho printing machines are able to produce subtle gradients, embossing techniques as well as print with “special colours” such as metallic gold.
- Quality of the prints: Litho printing has been known to produce prints that are of superior quality. This means that any images and colours will be vibrant and sharp. These prints can also get a special covering that will protect them against UV, moisture and heat. This means that the CD inserts and booklets will stay in this great condition for a really long time.
- Cost involved with litho printing: The cost per print for large batches of prints is very low. This is probably the most affordable printing method when it comes to duplicating a print more than 1000 times.
- The speed: The initial set up process can be a bit lengthy but once the printing plate is prepared, litho printing is quite fast. You can expect to collect your high volume of quality prints within a relatively short amount of time if you choose litho printing.
St Georges Park News
- Create your own designs and print them with Minuteman Press Randburg’s online design tool
- Printers in Menlyn explain poster design conceptualisation and printing
- Attention teachers: order your bulk black and white copies in Sandton here!
- Why do people order bulk black and white copies? Printers in Cape Town explain
- Printers in Midrand explain common poster design bloopers and mistakes