5 steps to marketing your business with postcards
October 30, 2012 · Print This Article
Are you one of those people who believe that postcards are only to be used to make your friends jealous of your most recent holiday? Think more creatively. Postcard printing is not only there to drop in the post-box while you are at a remote destination, it can also be used for business market exposure.
- Design and layout: You may think it is a no-brainer to design a postcard, but it is vital that your postcard reflect a professional look and feel. You need to employ an experienced graphic designer and ensure that it makes an impression and read easily. It should be striking and stylish by using colours and images that will convey the right message to your customers.
- Content: Another fairly obvious point is that a postcard not only needs to look visually impressive – it should include relevant information. Do not clutter the postcard designs with unnecessary detail; only use relevant information in a format that is easily to scan and understand. It’s important to experiment with different ideas and concepts before going forward with the actual postcard printing.
- Printing: Another important part of the post card marketing should be the printing. Using the right printing method, paper type can make all the difference. Consult with a professional printing company to learn about the options to consider.
- Distribution: Having professionally designed postcards is worthless if this marketing tool does not reach the right people. You want to create maximum impact in relation to your inset costs.
The first thing you need to do is create a client profile. Where and how you distribute your postcards will depend on what kind of business you have and the clients you cater for. Take some time to think this through carefully; innovative thinking could earn you many new customers.
- Feedback: How successful was your previous postcard printing campaign? Do a follow-up with clients and include reference numbers or the like to find out if it was worth the money and trouble. Proper feedback can also help you to improve future campaigns.
Give your business the advantage with professional postcard printing. Contact Minuteman Press in Pietermaritzburg to find out more!