Great graphic design
February 20, 2012 · Print This Article
What makes a graphic design project a good one? What makes any particular design interesting and intriguing?
Graphic design, like most other facets of design or art, will inevitably boil down to a matter of opinion. Influences like the media, the client and the target market need to be considered, but there are certain components needed in every piece of graphic design work that let us apply a general standard by which to judge.
7 Vital components of graphic design
- Unity. This graphic design component refers to how well the individual aspects of the piece work together. There must be a sense that everything on the page belongs together – a sense of ‘oneness’.
- Dominance. This refers to the emphasis of a particular element within the work. The area that draws your eye and attracts attention.
- Balance. This component of graphic design will influence the overall flow of your design by helping to create a more perfect whole and a piece that is visually pleasing.
- Space. This is vital to making your page appear more professional and balanced. The correct use of space can make the world of difference to the appearance of your work.
- Visual input perception. When someone looks at a piece of visual work, they see the whole before they see the individual components. If the overall image is positive, it is generally perceived as being good. A good piece of graphic design work must combine a variety of elements in a carefully constructed manner to influence the visual input perception of the viewer.
Whether you are in need of a graphic designer for your company or just in need of graphic design work in the form of stationary, advertising or catalogues, familiarise yourself with these components to ensure the work is of the highest quality.
Need to create something but don’t want to learn a graphic design programme from scratch? Use Minuteman Press’ Shop Minuteman, where you can create an attention-grabbing business card in three easy steps.
- Wall paper is now Available at Minuteman Press Menlyn
- Printers in Midrand can help you stand out with new business cards
- Printers in Menlyn give tips and advice on wedding menu designs
- Print custom presentation folders for business meetings in Meadowdale
- Where to find wedding stationery printers in Marlboro
- Planning and printing your wedding invitations in Kyalami
- Affordable flyer printing services in Krugersdorp
- Get the most out of graphic design services in Kempton Park
- A user guide for printing business forms in Hyde Park
- Print branded envelopes for your Bassonia business