Learn about the basic elements of design before you use an online design tool
April 30, 2013 · Print This Article
If you’re in Pietermaritzburg and thinking of trying out an online graphic design tool, then it’s in your best interest to learn the basic elements of graphic design. Many companies, such as Minuteman Press in Pietermaritzburg, offer free and easy-to-use online design software. Just because you don’t need any graphic design experience to use these tools, however, doesn’t mean that there are a few basics that you should keep in mind:
5 elements of graphic design
- Shape. Shapes are one of the oldest and most essential components of any graphic design project. Shapes help to create patterns and layouts as well as give you a starting point to build on other elements.
- Line. Using lines in your design is vital in order to create form and direct the eye. Lines are also crucial for the division of space as well as a form of expression.
- Colour. The uses and importance of colour within the graphic design sphere are endless. Colour can change the feel and message of any material and can be used to evoke emotion or completely alter another design element.
- Imagery. The entire point of graphic design is to create something for the eyes, and images, artwork and even fonts for text should be carefully considered and factored into the design.
- Texture. This refers to both literal texture (the choice of paper or card) as well as visual texture created by images with multiple layers, a variety of colours and text.
When these elements are combined and implemented in an original and artistic way, it won’t matter what aspect of graphic design you are dealing with, you will have all the necessary tools to create great-looking business cards, stickers, postcards and other marketing materials.
Minuteman Press Pietermaritzburg’s online design tool gives you everything you need to design and order prints online. Simply upload existing artwork or choose from our templates and customise the templates according to your needs. Cut out the middle man and design your prints yourself by trying out our free online graphic design tool today! Contact Minuteman Press Pietermaritzburg today!
- Uses of letterheads:
- Top tips for letterheads
- Making manuals the affordable way
- This is why your company needs presentation folders
- The use of envelopes in your business
- Stationery Branding: Why You Should Invest In It
- Creating an effective manual
- Pietermaritzburg printers advise on how to create an effective manual
- Design services to boost your Pietermaritzburg business’ professional image
- Looking for business cards in Pietermaritzburg?