Learn the difference between digital and litho printing from Minuteman Press in Randburg
September 23, 2013 · Print This Article
Litho printing has a much richer history than that of digital printing. Its main advantage over that of conventional printing is that your cost per unit will be significantly lower when the amount of units you print go up. These printers can also print in spot colour which seems to be a form of printing where there is a single colour aside from black which is required. This will already work to save a lot of money when you take the bulk printing option.
You will always receive great quality prints from this technique. Using this technique, images and text can be printed on more than just paper. Litho printing is an effective way of printing on paper, plastics, wood, cloth, leather and a range of other materials.
Digital printing is becoming the popular modern choice when it comes to printing. The first thing that should be noted is that the price per page or document is likely to stay the same irrespective of the volume being printed but is affordable nonetheless.
One of the great benefits of using this type of printing is that you can change the printing document without having to stop the press at all. You would also receive your prints a lot quicker if you have them printed digitally. Jobs can be processed quickly irrespective of whether or not it requires customisation of each print.
Considerations when choosing the right technique for your printing job
- Quality: If you require extremely high quality prints then litho printing may be the better option. This would also be the better option if you need to print on materials other that paper.
- Deadlines: This is a great resource to have if you’re in a rush, since you can save a lot of time with this printing method.
- Personalised vs. bulk prints: For example, if you require personalised marketing prints then digital is a better option. If you require prints in spot colour then litho printing is the right choice.
- Key elements of a catalogue:
- How custom printed booklets can help your marketing
- Let the book speak, customers can judge your business by your booklets
- Order your personalised business postcards today!
- Printing Jargon – 5 printing terms explained
- Personalised envelopes for home and business
- 5 creative ideas for large format printing
- Design a catalogue that sells your products
- Design services for your business
- Importance of using custom presentation folders at business meetings