Minuteman Press in Meadowdale gives poster design tips and pointers
May 18, 2013 · Print This Article
Designing and printing a poster might seem like an easy task, but if you ask Minuteman Press in Meadowdale, you’ll find out that it’s quite easy to get it wrong. The fact that you have more space than an A4 page, a flyer or a brochure doesn’t mean that you can go wild with ideas and content. Here are a few tips and pointers to keep in mind to make sure your poster is a success:
During the poster design process, ideas and substance could be lost as the person creating it for you might not fully grasp what you are trying to convey. You may have a very specific (or even a very vague) idea of what your poster should look like; only to be disappointed with the final result when you outsource the job. If you’re the type of person that likes to take matters into your own hands, than DIY poster design is what you should do.
Poster design pointers to keep in mind:
The following poster design tips should always be considered during the creation process:
- Always keep the purpose of the poster in mind. Are you selling products, marketing an event or creating awareness for your brand? The goal of the poster will influence the design you choose.
- Once the goals have been established, you should consider on the size of your poster. If you’re creating a large poster, you need to partner with a printing company that offers large format printing.
- All images used in the poster design should be of a high quality. Don’t download free images on Google (you may be infringing on copyright laws). Hire a professional photographer if you need high quality product shots.
- Keep in mind the type of paper you will be using as this has implications on certain finishes and the overall impression you will make to the intended audience.
- How custom printed booklets can help your marketing
- How to write a company newsletter
- Catch Customers with Catalogues
- Use Catalogues to Catch Customers
- Why well-designed stationery still matters for your business
- Use custom printed and branded stationery to establish your brand
- Create your own family calendar with our design services
- Best menu design in seven steps
- Using colour copies as a marketing strategy
- Print custom presentation folders for business meetings in Meadowdale