Need beautiful certificates? Then hire Minuteman Press in Centurion
August 5, 2013 · Print This Article
Litho printers in Centurion CBD are often asked which printing method offers the best solution – litho or digital printing? Most of these printing companies will tell you that it all depends on your unique project specifications.
When it comes to printing more than a few copies of a document, you need to consider a higher volume print method such as litho printing. To the people that have been in the business for years and work with these two kinds of printing every day, the choice is obvious, but for those of us who don’t work with printing equipment every day; a bit of an explanation regarding the two types of printing is in order.
The most common printing method is known as litho printing or offset printing. This has been the industry standard for many years and is still the preferred method of printing for many businesses and printers. If you need high quality, full colour prints, the following should be kept in mind:
- Litho printing is often used for large print runs or volumes.
- As it is usually used for large print runs, it tends to cost a lot less per page.
- Litho printing does require some time to set up, so the printers require about three to five days notice before a litho print run can begin.
The other method that is becoming more commonplace these days is digital printing. Digital printing takes advantage of recent technological advances to produce the same high quality, clear prints that litho printing offers, but at a much faster pace. If you are thinking of using digital printing for your colour prints, keep the following in mind:
- Digital printing has a quick turnaround time. Since everything is done digitally, the document can be loaded, changed and printed in a matter of hours rather than days.
- Digital printing is ideal for small volumes of documents.
- Currently the cost of digital printing is about four times as much as that of litho printing, but is still more affordable for small print runs.
The choice of litho printing or digital printing is up to you. Both methods have their inherent advantages and disadvantages that will need to be discussed with the printer before you make the decision. As a good rule of thumb, it helps to remember that litho printing is excellent and affordable for large volumes while digital printing is great for small print runs – but speak to your printing company in Centurion CBD before making a final decision.
Centurion CBD News
- 4 steps to successful wedding invitations
- Uses of letterheads:
- Our stationery services:
- Creative business card ideas for your company
- Build Your Business with these 3 Types of Newsletters
- Personalised printed envelopes for home and business
- Designing and Printing Better Brochures
- Looking for Best quality printing services in Centurion?
- Using postcards to market your business
- Make the best of your graphic design