Poster printing: common pitfalls that you should know about
March 10, 2013 · Print This Article
- Choosing black and white printing only to save money: Many people think that printing in black and white is the cost effective option. While the printing of black and white posters can be cheaper, colour poster printing, they can also be less effective as they usually aren’t as attention-grabbing. While colour posters are more expensive, they can result in a much better return on your investment. Shop around for quotes before partnering with a printing company to ensure you get the best deal.
- Printing on low quality materials: Using the cheapest paper is another one of the most common poster printing mistakes you can make. Using the cheapest paper will save you money, but it could also make your poster look shabby. A poor quality poster won’t last long and it probably won’t catch anybody’s eye.
- Don’t go too big or too small: It is important that you choose a good standard poster size if you intend to use the printed posters for marketing. Many people make the mistake of choosing either the smallest size possible to save money or printing a huge poster to draw more attention. Your best bet is to first decide where the posters will go and then decide on an appropriate size.
- Cramming the poster with information: The last of the most common poster printing mistakes would be that people tend to put too much information on their posters. This can lead to readers to view it as junk mail and not even giving it a second look.
Need help with your poster design and printing? Contact Minuteman Press Hatfield today!
- Creative uses for business stickers
- How to use postcards to market your Hatfield business
- How custom printed booklets can help your marketing
- Why your business still needs self-inking stamps
- Marketing with Postcards
- Poster printing made easy – Whatever the size!
- Creative business card ideas for your company
- Build Your Business with these 3 Types of Newsletters
- The importance of professional-looking letterheads
- Minuteman Press Hatfield celebrates 20 years in printing! Honouring the 20 customers longest with us