Poster printing in Pietermaritzburg: a beginner’s guide
May 30, 2013 · Print This Article
Are you printing posters in Pietermaritzburg? The project might seem easy, but there are some fool-proof tips that you should keep in mind to make sure you create powerful posters.
Here are a few helpful tips that will help you with your design process:
- Colours: Always consider the colours you use very carefully. Each colour should serve a purpose. Too many bright colours can make the poster difficult to read and readers might lose interest and move on before they even know what it is that the poster is advertising.
- Printing: Always do thorough research before you decide which printing company you are going to partner with. Choose a company that has a good reputation for producing high quality prints. Remember that a good design is wasted if the printing looks cheap and is poor in quality.
- Using the space: When designing the layout of the poster you should always try to use all the space available to you. Don’t cram graphics and text into the layout – remember that the poster needs to be easy to read from afar.
- Word count: A poster is a visual representation of an idea and pictures can be more powerful than words, so minimise the amount of copy you include in your poster design. Always try to keep your text content concise and to-the-point so that people who only have time to glance at the poster will be able to get the general idea of what you have to offer.
- Text size considerations: The text that is used for your heading should be readable six metres away from the poster and the text that forms the body of the poster should be readable from at least two metres away from the poster.
Next time you need to print a poster, partner with the experienced professionals at Minuteman Press Pietermartizburg. We can help you with everything in the poster printing and design process – so contact us today!
- Top tips for letterheads
- Making manuals the affordable way
- This is why your company needs presentation folders
- The use of envelopes in your business
- Stationery Branding: Why You Should Invest In It
- Creating an effective manual
- Pietermaritzburg printers advise on how to create an effective manual
- Design services to boost your Pietermaritzburg business’ professional image
- Looking for business cards in Pietermaritzburg?
- Searching for Stationery Suppliers in Pietermaritzburg?