Poster printing made easy – Whatever the size!
November 9, 2016 · Print This Article
Posters are a cost-effective way of grabbing the attention of passers-by. Once you have got their attention, the purpose of the poster is to advertise, inform or affirm a message to the viewer.
Creating a poster is more than just words and images on a big page. Before you print posters, here are a few tips for making your posters effective:
- The Message – It’s not just about aesthetics, so your message should drive your visual choices. It is good to understand your message AND the concepts, words, colours and imagery your message is associated with. For example, Coca Cola would normally print posters that include the colour red as it is associated with the brand.
- The Audience – As you are designing your poster, it is important to think about who will be viewing the poster – more importantly, whose attention you want to capture and what would create desire or a call to action for that person.
- The Emphasis –Try to draw attention to the most important aspect of your poster by making it stand out. You can achieve this through clustering images, changing your image scale, using colour, using bolder or bigger fonts. Consult a graphic designer to assist you if need be.
- The Spacing – Don’t be afraid to use exaggerated spaces between elements of your poster. The extra spacing creates visual impact and is easier to read from a distance.
- The Balance – Try not to overload your audience with too many words, as you may lose their attention. Everything in the poster should portray the message and sometimes an image is better used to convey a concept or feeling.
- The Place – Where the poster is displayed will determine the design you use. A poster on a street pole will need to convey the intended message in seconds, while a display poster in-store can have much more information.
Posters – fun and effective
Minuteman Press Hatfield can do any printing your business requires, including poster printing. As a leading printing company in Johannesburg with large format printing capabilities, your perfect poster can be easily printed at any size.
Contact us today to do your poster printing.
- Marketing with Postcards
- Poster printing made easy – Whatever the size!
- Creative business card ideas for your company
- Build Your Business with these 3 Types of Newsletters
- The importance of professional-looking letterheads
- Minuteman Press Hatfield celebrates 20 years in printing! Honouring the 20 customers longest with us
- Booklets for promoting your business
- Stationery printing services in Hatfield
- How branded stationery benefits your small business
- Want brochures printed in Hatfield?