Print great-looking posters with these tips and pointers
March 8, 2013 · Print This Article
Designing and printing posters is easy, thanks to companies like Minuteman Press Fourways that offer cost-effective solutions and quick turnaround times. If you want to design your own posters, however, there are few basic things you need to know.
Why design your own posters?
During the poster design process, ideas and substance could be lost as the person creating it for you might not fully grasp what you are trying to convey. You may have a very specific (or even a very vague) idea of what your poster should look like; only to be disappointed with the final result when you outsource the job. If you’re the type of person that likes to take matters into your own hands, than DIY poster design is what you should do.
Tips for poster design
The following poster design tips should always be considered during the creation process:
- Always keep the purpose of the poster in mind. Are you selling products, marketing an event or creating awareness for your brand? The goal of the poster will influence the design you choose.
- Once the goals have been established you should consider on the size of your poster. If you’re creating a large poster, you need to partner with a printing company that offers large format printing.
- All images used in the poster design should be of a high quality. Don’t download free images on Google (you may be infringing on copyright laws). Hire a professional photographer if you need high quality product shots.
- Keep in mind the type of paper you will be using as this has implications on certain finishes and the overall impression you will make to the intended audience.
Minuteman Press in Fourways has years of experience in creating eye-catching, attention- grabbing posters. They will be able to assist you throughout the entire design and printing process.
- Any Size of Poster Printed with Ease
- Use Printed Newsletters for Original Content Marketing
- 6 ways to use custom-printed booklets
- Printing Guide for the Perfect Wedding Stationery
- Design tips for corporate envelopes
- Must-have branded business stationery items for your Fourways business
- Importance of using branded catalogues for small businesses
- Promote yourself with business card printing in Fourways
- Need Self-Inking Stamps in Fourways?
- The importance of colours in printing and copying