Print high-impact posters with Minuteman Press Krugersdorp and these design tips
March 15, 2013 · Print This Article
Posters remain one of the best ways to get your message across to your consumers. Its effectiveness has not wavered throughout the digital age, and it still serves as an important and effective tool for communicating with targeted groups and audiences.
However, the effectiveness of a poster largely depends on its design. The poster is not a platform to assail your audience with a lot of information – it is merely a canvas to represent the essence of your topic.
Design of powerful posters with these tips:
- Layout: The layout of the poster is one of the most important aspects and should receive due consideration. Text size is important and headings should be in a larger font, while subheadings should be bolded, but printed in smaller fonts. Organise the information into sections and decide where it will be most effective to add graphics and other visual media that won’t distract from the message.
- Colour: Make use of colours that go well with each other and read easily. Be practical with your choices and do some research. Text and background colours should complement each other, while the foreground colour should be clear and soft on the eyes.
- Text size: The size and font type remains one of the most important factors to take into consideration when designing your poster. This will determine if your audience will be able to read your poster at all.
- Graphic media: The use of graphics, diagrams, and photographs etc. is very important in the consumption of posters. It adds another dimension to the poster and can attract a lot of attention. If you are selling a product at a great price, make sure that this discounted price is displayed in a large image on the poster.
These are merely some aspects to take into consideration with the design of your posters. When designed correctly, posters can be an extremely powerful and effective marketing tool to relay your message to your customers.
- 5 elements of a well-designed brochure
- 4 steps to successful wedding invitations
- Key elements of a catalogue:
- Factors to consider for Newsletters
- The Future of Self-Inking Stamps
- 5 creative ideas for large format printing
- How to design a catalogue that sells your products
- Tips on choosing images for your posters, brochures or catalogues
- Using postcards to market your business
- Tips for corporate event invitations