Printers in Midrand explain common poster design bloopers and mistakes
May 19, 2013 · Print This Article
As any printing company in Midrand will tell you – a lot can go wrong with poster design and printing. As printers who have been in the business for many years, at Minuteman Press Midrand we’ve picked up a few common mistakes. Watch out for the following next time you design this type of marketing collateral:
- Don’t go too big or too small: It is important that you choose a good standard poster size if you intend to use the printed posters for marketing. Many people make the mistake of choosing either the smallest size possible to save money or printing a huge poster to draw more attention. Your best bet is to first decide where the posters will go and then decide on an appropriate size.
- Printing on low quality materials: Using the cheapest paper is another one of the most common poster printing mistakes you can make. Using the cheapest paper will save you money but it could also make your poster look shabby. A poor quality poster won’t last long and it probably won’t catch anybody’s eye
- Choosing black and white printing only to save money: Many people think that printing in black and white is the cost effective option. While the printing of black and white posters can be cheaper colour poster printing, they can also be less effective if they aren’t attention-grabbing. While colour posters are more expensive, they can result in a much better return on your investment. Shop around for quotes before partnering with a printing company to ensure you get the best deal.
- Cramming the poster with information: The last of the most common poster printing mistakes would be that people tend to put too much information on their posters. This can lead to readers viewing it as junk mail and not even giving it a second look.
- How custom printed booklets can help your marketing
- Five handy uses for printed booklets
- Marketing with Postcards
- Binding options for your printed manual
- Five handy uses for printed brochures
- How to use custom-printed booklets
- The print catalogue
- Your guide to printing business forms
- Making training manuals the affordable way
- Printers in Midrand can help you stand out with new business cards