Printing mythbusters: You are saving the environment by avoiding printing your emails
February 9, 2014 · Print This Article
Almost every email you receive nowadays, ends with the line, “Consider the environment before printing this email”. This is definitely a printing mythbuster as printing or not printing an email is not the only way you can save the environment. There are so many other factors you can take into account during your printing process to make a difference.
1) The most important factor to be kept in mind is to use only ENERGY STAR® certified products that automatically ‘sleep’ when not in use. This ensures the amount of power these products consume when not in use is considerably lesser than others that are not certified.
2) Always choose paper from organisations that partner with WWF’s Global Forest & Trade Network as they ensure that the paper comes from sustainable forests. Another factor to check on the packaging of the paper is if it consists of 30% post-consumer recycled content.
3) A no-brainer but something that is not followed by everyone is the recycling of paper, cartridges, toners and printers once they cross their shelf life. However, a positive trend here is that a large number of offices have dedicated recycling programs in partnerships with other recycling organisations around the world.
4) Do not just print for the sake of printing. Always ask yourself, ‘Do I really need a hard copy of this?’ Never print pages that only have a few lines of text on it, it’s a complete waste of paper. Try not to reprint pages. Thus, ensure your printing and cartridge settings are what you want before you realise you have made a mistake and print again.
Thus, saving the environment by just avoiding printing your emails is definitely a printing mythbuster. As mentioned previously, there is so much more that you can do for a healthier planet. Contact Minuteman Press in Pietermaritzburg today for more information!
- Uses of letterheads:
- Top tips for letterheads
- Making manuals the affordable way
- This is why your company needs presentation folders
- The use of envelopes in your business
- Stationery Branding: Why You Should Invest In It
- Creating an effective manual
- Pietermaritzburg printers advise on how to create an effective manual
- Design services to boost your Pietermaritzburg business’ professional image
- Looking for business cards in Pietermaritzburg?