The three kinds of rubber stamps used in business today
February 2, 2014 · Print This Article
There are three kinds of rubber stamps that are commonly used in business today. Each kind has its own pros and cons, and is therefore best suited to a particular job. To help you make the right choice when choosing a kind of rubber stamp to fulfil a specific purpose in your business, here are the basics of all three types available at Minuteman Press Benoni.
- Handle mount rubber stamps:
Handle mount rubber stamps are the oldest and the one people tend to be most familiar with. They are made by ‘mounting’ the rubber stamp on a handle. They are the least expensive of all three kinds of rubber stamps and come in as many as 19 different sizes, but you’ll need to buy a separate inking pad.
These days, the handles can be made out of a variety of materials including wood, plastic or metal. Whilst plastic will be cheaper initially a rubber stamp with a wooden handle or, even better, a metal handle will last much longer and therefore, if you are going to be using the stamp often, investing in quality will eventually pay off.
- 2. Self-inking rubber stamps:
The second kind of rubber stamp which is also relatively well-known and popular is the self-inking rubber stamp. These stamps have an inkpad in the stamp mechanism itself and it is therefore not needed to buy a separate ink pad. Because they function as a single self-contained unit they can be more convenient to use but they are also bulkier.
- 3. Pre-inked rubber stamps:
As with self-inking stamps, pre-inked rubber stamps can be easily centred. They are also just as convenient but are available in more compact designs. They are the most expensive of the three kinds of stamps, but can be used thousands of times and are able to produce a much sharper image than the other two.
Contact us for more advice on which kind of rubber stamp to order for your business.
- How to write a company newsletter
- How custom printed booklets can help your marketing
- Save time and money with self-inking stamps
- Choose the right images for your posters, brochures or catalogues
- 5 printing terms explained
- Affordable way to make manuals
- How to create gorgeous wedding invitations
- Why you need professional-looking letterheads
- Use brochures for effective marketing
- Create a striking letterhead for your business in Benoni