The top five tips for fabulous wedding invitations
January 30, 2016 · Print This Article
Sending out wedding invitations, choosing bridesmaids, tasting cakes – the run-up to a wedding can be euphoric. Any bride will tell you that planning and pruning for her wedding day is one of the most momentous phases of her life, but it is also one of the most stressful. Taking the stress out of at least one aspect of the frenzied planning and ordering can make this special pre-wedding time so much better. The invitations are one aspect of a wedding where you can really let your hair down without much backlash. Be bold, be daring. Play with size, shape and texture.
The wedding invitations should be the least of your problems. These top-five tips should help.
- Decide on a style/theme
Whether you’re into vintage lace, retro chic or modern simplicity, your invitations need to match the overall theme of your wedding.
- Get inspired
Create a mood board of fabric swatches, paper samples, colours, prints and images which appeal to you and co-ordinate with your theme. This way you can give your invitation designer an idea into the inner workings of your dream wedding – and your mind. Explaining something verbally is not always as effective as giving someone a visual image.
- Hand write the address
Using a black and white printed (Arial font) sticker to address your envelopes might confuse your guests into thinking you’re sending them a bill, rather take the time to address the envelopes by hand.
- Printing costs can vary greatly and are determined by many factors, including paper type, design techniques, for example, embossing, the type of ink you use and extras such as printing out a map or adding an envelope liner.
- Make sure it’s readable
Don’t get too fancy with the fonts. Your guests need to able to read where and when they have to show up.
A great wedding invitation is hard to find. At Minuteman Press Strydom Park, Randburg, we can help you create something magical for your special day.
Strijdom Park News
- 3 Types of Newsletters to Build Your Business
- Printing letterheads in Stellenbosch? Read this advice
- Catch Customers with Catalogues
- The Kaleidoscope of Colour Copies
- The Power of Business Cards
- Better Brochures
- Save time and money with self-inking stamps
- Important Information to Display on your Company Letterhead
- The Future of Self-Inking Stamps
- 5 creative ideas for large format printing