Tips to getting your business card to stand out in Pretoria CBD
July 22, 2015 · Print This Article
Designing business cards can be a very stressful endeavour for some people. You need to be so careful that you do not make a monumental mistake which could cost you a pretty penny in the process. You can quite simply incorporate some important elements into your business card which drive the message home and get your target audience paying attention and of course, remembering your name.
Here are a few pointers to take note of when you begin your designing
- Chat to your printer about size and colour before you start with your design. It will be important to know if they work with CMYK or RGB colours. Size is important as you will need to design your card accordingly.
- Try to avoid incorporating a border on your business card. When your cards are cut, you might find those with a border have lopsided edges. It can be very hard for your printer to avoid this.
- Use complimentary colours over bold and garish ones. Yes, the bold colours will make your card stand out, but that might be for the wrong reasons. Of course you should tie your business card colour scheme in with the colours you use across all of your other media.
- Make sure the text included on the card can be read. A small font can have your customer squinting at the card to see what it says, so keep this in mind. Try to keep your font size to around 8 or 10 pt as a minimum.
- Remember to incorporate all the important information such as your name, position in the company, company name, telephone number, cell phone number, company website address and any social media platforms that clients can reach you on.
- Check with your printer if they want you to provide your business card artwork in JPG, PNG, PDF or similar formats. It is best to provide them with a format that works best for their printers.
Seek help for the professionals in Pretoria CBD
At Minuteman Press in Pretoria CBD, we provide professional business card design and printing services. You can provide us with your own artwork or work with one of our designers to create a business card that is ideal for your company image. Our business cards can be provided in black and white or full colour print. For any assistance you may need, be sure to give us a call today and start experiencing how we can assist you.