Top five postcard marketing errors
April 3, 2015 · Print This Article
Using postcards as a form of marketing is one of the most affordable and effective methods of direct mail today. Generally, the mailing of postcards comes with a high response rate due to the fact they stand a better chance of being read than mail that comes in an envelope, but there are a number of common mistakes that- if made- could hinder your chance of success.
Postcards are a great way to grab attention as they offer the opportunity for your business to show character and personality. When used correctly, postcards can generate sales leads, promote special offers, give out coupons, generate website traffic or just generally allow you to stay in touch with your clients.
- Wrong target audience. Postcards will only be effective if they are sent to the right people. Make use of an in-house mailing list to ensure your postcards reach people who are actively interested in your products and services and have a good history of responding to offers, or you will just be wasting your time and money.
- Lack of frequency. Sending postcards as a once-off occurrence will have little to no chance of success. Postcard marketing should be a campaign on a larger scale in order to build credibility and familiarity with your brand.
- Lack of personality. As mentioned before, postcards offer the opportunity to show your company’s character and wit. Postcards that lack a personal touch will not have the desired effect on the recipient.
- Printing budget. Investing in the services of a professional printer can save you money and give your postcards a far more professional appearance. Clients are less likely to take you seriously if they receive postcards that could have easily been printed and cut at home.
- Information overload. An effective postcard campaign requires simple, catchy images and phrases which hit the client head on as soon as they read it. Cramming too much detail into your postcards will have a negative effect and decrease your chances of getting a response.
For assistance in the design and printing of quality postcards, look no further than the professional printing services offered by Minutemen Press Benoni. We offer in-house graphic design services as well as expert staff willing to help you make the most of your postcard mailing campaign.
To learn more about our range of products and services, contact us today.
- 5 elements of a well-designed brochure
- How to write a company newsletter
- How custom printed booklets can help your marketing
- Save time and money with self-inking stamps
- Choose the right images for your posters, brochures or catalogues
- 5 printing terms explained
- Affordable way to make manuals
- How to create gorgeous wedding invitations
- Why you need professional-looking letterheads
- Use brochures for effective marketing