Top Tips for Catalogue Printing and Design in Pinetown
June 20, 2016 · Print This Article
Like many things in life, there are no shortcuts when it comes to catalogue printing and design in Pinetown or anywhere else in the world, for that matter. To produce a truly effective, high quality catalogue, you need to ensure that you follow best practices throughout the process – from design all the way to printing. Trying to do things faster and cheaper, or trying to scrimp on essential elements will have a negative impact on the overall catalogue.
How to you ensure that you get the most out of catalogue design and printing? Let’s take a look…
How to Get the Most from Catalogue Printing and Design Services
- Stellar Photography. The images you use can make all the difference to how readers interact, perceive and view your catalogue. This means using high resolution, original images that are sourced legally or taken by a professional photographer. Poor quality images can ruin marketing materials at best, and ruin your reputation at worst.
- Smart Branding. Choose a brand colour palette, and stick to it religiously. Clashing colours look unprofessional and disorganised, and inconsistencies will make the entire catalogue look badly designed. Ensure that your designers use the exact colours of your branding, and check that all brand elements are carried across consistently throughout each page.
- Balancing Acts. Balance images and product or service descriptions to make the catalogue both visually appealing and informative. Keep the focus on benefits to customers, ensure that information is easy to read, and aim for a good balance of text and images to round off the overall design.
- Customer Focus. Always ensure that your catalogue design is geared towards readers. Avoid overly technical language, jargon and confusing information. Instead, aim to make the brochure easy to read and understand.
- Page Layout. Keep your layout simple, properly spaced and proportional. Avoid blank spaces that look like information is missing, but also take care not to cram too much information into each page, as this will look messy and disorganised. Keep products and pricing clear and visible so that customers can easily see what is on offer.
- Simple Design. Simple is always best. Customers should be able to find products quickly and simply, with pricing and other information clearly outlined, photographs positioned correctly and vital details such as contacts easily found.
- Maintaining Consistency. Check that all pages are consistent in design and layout. Too many changes in text, colour and style can be confusing for readers. Make sure that you use consistent fonts across the brochure, with the same sizing, structure and overall look.
- Professional Printing. No matter how small your budget may be, professional catalogue printing is something you cannot afford to overlook. Cheap or home printing jobs run the risk of major flaws that could be as small as fading or bleeding to major issues such as colour inconsistencies, hard to read text or poor quality paper. Invest in a reliable printer, and you will always have peace of mind knowing that the end result will be perfect.
Important catalogue printing and design project lined up? Contact Minuteman Press Pinetown to get a quote today!