Top tips for memorable worksheets with black and white photocopies
February 10, 2013 · Print This Article
If you’re a teacher, you know the value of black and white copies. Minuteman Press Secunda provides efficient, professional printing for your every need. Put together a neat, insightful and helpful worksheet and have it distributed to your whole class in a couple of days – it’s easy as that!
The process of putting together a memorable worksheet that will keep your students intrigued is a daunting one, so here’s some tips for making that knowledge stick.
- Incorporate puzzles.
Worksheets that are simple questions and answers are okay, but they won’t keep your students interested. Puzzles, on the other hand, act as a game for students completing their homework. Word searches, crosswords and other fun puzzles featuring facts and details from the syllabus are perfect for ensuring students enjoy the work – and help them remember what you’ve taught them. Plus there are plenty of easy-to-use puzzle-makers available online.
- Make it visually stimulating.
Black and white copied worksheets needn’t be boring to look at. Add some illustrations, speech bubbles and interesting facts around the edges of the worksheet for an exciting worksheet that’s not boring to read. Line art is a good choice for illustrations as these can be coloured in, helping students add their own brand of creativity to the worksheet.
- Keep them fresh.
There are some concerns among teachers that the age-old worksheet is dying out. With teachers going the simple route, such as “circle the right answer” or asking a question and leaving a blank space for an answer, worksheets are becoming monotonous. The trick here is to not over use worksheets, and to keep them exciting, fresh and engaging when you do.
- Why your business still needs self-inking stamps
- The importance of consulting a graphic designer
- Personalised printed envelopes for home and business
- Better Brochures
- Printing options available to you
- What are Manuals and why are they important?
- Tips to make your wedding stationery stand out
- Make a killer first impression with a unique business
- Corporate envelope design and printing in Secunda
- Brochures Printing in Secunda