Want to design and print online in Centurion? Here’s a quick graphic design 101 article
March 4, 2013 · Print This Article
Designing and printing your own artwork online? There are a few key elements that are vital to any aspect of graphic design. If you’re doing it yourself, you don’t necessarily need to know how to use complicated graphic design software, but there are a few things you should take note of to make sure your prints look great.
5 Elements of graphic design
- Shape. Shapes are one of the oldest and most essential components of any graphic design project. Shapes help to create patterns and layouts as well as give you a starting point to build on other elements.
- Line. Using lines in your design is vital in order to create form and direct the eye. Lines are also crucial for the division of space as well as a form of expression.
- Colour. The uses and importance of colour within the graphic design sphere are endless. Colour can change the feel and message of any material and can be used to evoke emotion or completely alter another design element.
- Imagery. The entire point of graphic design is to create something for the eyes – and therefore images, artwork and fonts for text should be carefully considered and factored into the design.
- Texture. This refers to both literal texture (the choice of paper or card) as well as visual texture created by images with multiple layers, a variety of colours and text.
When these elements are combined and implemented in an original and artistic way, it won’t matter what aspect of graphic design you are dealing with, you will have all the necessary tools to create great-looking business cards, labels, postcards and other marketing materials.
Minuteman Press Centurion’s online design tool gives you everything you need to design and order prints online. Simply upload existing artwork or choose from our templates and customise the templates according to your needs. Try out our online graphic design tool at Minuteman Press Centurion now.