What to know about Conference Printed Material
August 31, 2015 · Print This Article
Choosing conference materials is serious business. It has a direct impact on the outcome of a conference. There are many factors to consider when choosing various resources as conference printing material. The different types and sizes of brochures, should you have notepads printed and the different types of paper used for labels might be some of the questions you have. Here are 10 important conference printing material related questions answered.
- What is the best file format for submitting a document for printing?
Submitting documents is made much easier when using The Portable Document Format (PDF). It allows for retaining all the information of a document and most other file formats can be converted to a PDF file.
- Can I expect the same quality on paper as presented on a monitor?
Due to technological advances there is not much of a difference. At times there are minor colour and spatial differences. However a professional printing company is generally able to minimise any differences from monitor to paper.
- What is meant by proof and the purpose thereof?
This is a copy of the final product you will receive to approve. It will then be sent to the printing facilities.
- What are the recommended sizes for booklets and catalogues suitable for a conference?
A6 (105mm x 148mm), A5 (148mm x 210mm), A4 (210mm x 297mm) and DL (99mm x 210mm) are the most common sizes for catalogues and booklets.
- What are the recommended sizes for conference brochures?
A5 (148mm x 210mm), A4 (210mm x 297mm) and DL (99mm x 210) are the standard sizes for brochures.
- I would like to use notepads as a means of marketing for a conference. What are the most common sizes for sticky notepads?
3″ x 3″, 3″ x 4″, 3″ x 5″ and 4″ x 6″ are the most popular sizes for sticky notepads.
- What materials can be used for my conference labels?
Uncoated paper can be used for labels to be written by hand or printed on by machine.
High gloss paper works well if you need excellent printability.
Vinyl is best used for outdoor areas and especially if the surface is made from vinyl.
Acetate is best used if labels are intended to be transparent.
- What is the most convenient method for binding multi-page documents for a conference?
Spiral binding and plastic comb binding often works best for multi-page documents intended for conferences.
- How long can I expect to wait for my printing material?
Professional printing companies often operate under swift turnaround times and offer additional emergency printing services.
- Do I need to provide my own designs for conference printing material?
Printing companies offer design services for all your conference printing material.
Printing Company Services
Minuteman Press in Witbank boasts of specialised and professional team who will handle of your conference material needs with ease.
Get in touch with us and take advantage of our professional printing services.
- Five handy uses for printed booklets
- 4 steps to successful wedding invitations
- Top tips for letterheads
- The importance of consulting a graphic designer
- Save on printing and copying
- Get personalised envelopes printed for home and business
- How to fully utilise design services
- Benefits of using colour copies for marketing
- Use only the best quality printing services in Witbank
- Need to print colour copies in Witbank?