What You Need To Know About Printed Conference Material
June 1, 2015 · Print This Article
When deciding on what type of printed conference materials you would like to distribute at your next event, many factors come into play. For example, which size brochure would you like? Will it be a standard DL, A5 leaflet or A6 booklet? That is just one of the things t take into consideration. Here are 10 important conference printing material related questions answered.
- What is the best file format for submitting a document for printing?
Submitting documents is made much easier when using The Portable Document Format (PDF). It allows for retaining all the information of a document and most other file formats can be converted to a PDF file.
- Can I expect the same quality on paper as presented on a monitor?
Due to technological advances there is not much of a difference. At times there are minor colour and spatial differences. However a professional printing company is generally able to minimise any differences from monitor to paper.
- What is meant by proof and the purpose thereof?
This is a copy of the final product you will receive to approve. It will then be sent to the printing facilities.
- What are the recommended sizes for booklets and catalogues suitable for a conference?
A6 (105mm x 148mm), A5 (148mm x 210mm), A4 (210mm x 297mm) and DL (99mm x 210mm) are the most common sizes for catalogues and booklets.
- What are the recommended sizes for conference brochures?
A5 (148mm x 210mm), A4 (210mm x 297mm) and DL (99mm x 210) are the standard sizes for brochures.
- I would like to use notepads as a means of marketing for a conference. What are the most common sizes for sticky notepads?
3″ x 3″, 3″ x 4″, 3″ x 5″ and 4″ x 6″ are the most popular sizes for sticky notepads.
- What materials can be used for my conference labels?
Uncoated paper can be used for labels to be written by hand or printed on by machine.
High gloss paper works well if you need excellent printability.
Vinyl is best used for outdoor areas and especially if the surface is made from vinyl.
Acetate is best used if labels are intended to be transparent.
- What is the most convenient method for binding multi-page documents for a conference?
Spiral binding and plastic comb binding often works best for multi-page documents intended for conferences.
- How long can I expect to wait for my printing material?
Professional printing companies often operate under swift turnaround times and offer additional emergency printing services.
- Will i be responsible for designing my conference material?
Printing companies offer design services for all your conference printing material.
Who to rely on when it comes to printing companies
Minuteman Press has a specialised and professional team who are dedicated to attending to any conference printing related queries you might have. If you have any queries relating conference, or other print media supplied by us, please do not hesitate to get in touch.