What’s the difference between Litho and Digital Printing in Boksburg?
June 3, 2013 · Print This Article
How do you know if you should specify digital or litho printing services in Boksburg? Minuteman Press gives a clear explanation of which printing method to use for different print jobs:
Litho printing has been around for ages and even with the advent of digital printing, it still remains a popular choice amongst many business owners. Litho printing involves creating custom plates for each page and the machine uses oil and water (which do not mix) to recreate the images on paper. Litho printing works out to be very cost effective if you require a large volume of prints.
One of the drawbacks to litho printing is the initial set up cost. Setting up the plates does require a bit of time and can be expensive if you are printing a small number of documents, which is why litho printing is more suitable for a large quantity of prints.
Digital printing is a quicker and more cost effective option if you need less than 1000 copies of something printed. This is because it does not require a lengthy set up process as it simply prints from an electronic file. Digital printing is also a better option if you need each document to be personalised. For example, if you are printing notices and you would like each addressed personally to your customers.
One of the disadvantages of digital printing is that the prints are usually not protectively coated. This means that UV, heat or moisture can damage the print quite easily, which is why litho printing would be a better choice for outdoor banners and posters.
Things to keep in mind:
- Quantity and cost: Litho printing is a better option if you are printing more than 1000 copies of something. Digital printing is a more economical option if you are printing a small number of documents.
- Quality: Litho printing is known to produce a much better quality image than digital printing.
- Speed: The set up needed for litho printing can take quite a while. Digital printers are set up easily and your job will be completed quickly.
- How to design a catalogue that sells your products
- Use print advertising to market your new business
- Top tips for letterheads
- Ensure a Winning Negotiation Strategy Using Presentation Folders
- Colour copies – Why you shouldn’t skimp on their quality
- How to create your own family calendar with our design services
- Why You Should Invest In Stationery Branding
- How printing flyers can make a difference in your Boksburg business
- How to create catalogues in Boksburg
- Cut costs with self-inking stamps